Teens

Teens

Friday, January 15, 2016

Odette Has a Secret---at NMS!

I think this month may have been my favorite Young Hoosier Book Club at the middle school--it was crazy, but not pull-my-hair-out crazy.  I had over 60 kids attend during their lunch periods! They paid attention, they answered questions, and they played Spin the Dreidel. 

We also got some homemade snacks--latkes! A delicious potato pancake in the Jewish fashion--though I'm sure these didn't taste quite as good as the reeeeal thing.

Odette is a little girl in France during the German Occupation during WWII.  She is sent to a small village to pretend to be Catholic--if anyone finds out she is a Jew, most likely, she will end up in a Nazi Concentration Camp.  Odette must keep this secret if she is to survive the war.

Here are some pictures from...

6th Grade:
 Spin the Dreidel



 My youngest, and most hyper group!


7th Grade:



 The final tournament round

My middle, and largest, group!


8th Grade:



 And my oldest, and most devoted group! I will miss them next year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment