Teens

Teens

Monday, August 31, 2015

September YA display/info

This month I have some new displays out in the library! We will be having a contest to see who can guess the shredded book...and I MIGHT have done this:

Hide these Golden Tickets in library books or classroom books that never get read or checked out. Then reward the student that is lucky enough to discover it! 
(but in my style)

Also, come to the YA board and write your own SIX WORD MEMOIR! Basically, you come up, grab a slip of paper and a marker and write any 6 words that describe your life,  your mood, your future, etc.

Here are some examples:

I came out to mom yesterday.

Fly high and achieve the best.

Star Wars runs my whole life.

                          They can be silly, serious, empowering! Just keep it appropriate, please! I trust you guys.

Six Word Memoir - I love the idea of having students write one at the beginning of the school year at the middle school level instead of the same old "get to know you" activities.  Could also be a great kick-off to Poetry Workshop... 
(idea from Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment