Teens

Teens

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Guest Book Review: Melt



Thank you to Hannah for being my other guest book reviewer! She read a book by an author I met, so of course I was excited she chose this one to review!

Melt
Selene Castrovilla
Melt (Rough Romance #1)
            Dorothy, a typical sixteen year old good girl meets Joey, a troubled boy who hasn’t told anyone about the awful violence he sees daily at home. Joey’s mind is filled with fragments of melted thoughts due to everything he’s seen. Dorothy is slowly able to reach into Joey’s melted mind and attempts to pull him out of his miserable world. All is well until one event threatens to turn even Dorothy’s clear mind into a melted puddle.
         
         This novel was full of suspense and made me want to read more and more. At times I was a little confused because of the way Joey’s thoughts were fragmented, but by the end it all made sense. I didn’t quite understand the Wizard of Oz background in it, because I actually have never seen the movie, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked how the author showed Joey’s brokenness through his broken thoughts scattered across the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment