Teens

Teens

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Guest Book Review: A Million Suns



Mary is back! Here's the second book of the trilogy she read and reviewed!

A Million Suns
Beth Revis
A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)

         Amy has been on Godspeed for three months now and nothing has gotten better. Amy is becoming home sick and misses the outside world. Not a day goes by when she doesn’t go to the bottom of the ship to sit with her frozen parents and try to remember life on Earth. Amy is not the only one who is having a troublesome life; Elder, Amy’s friend, is also having troubles. Elder is now in charge Godspeed and all of the people and responsibilities that come with Godspeed. However a turn of events cause Elder and Amy to dig for the real truth about the spaceship sent out hundreds of years ago. This dig for the truth causes trouble, not only on the ship but between Amy and Elder as well. But the real truth is, can they be saved?
             
      Once again, I did not actually read this novel; I listened to it on audio. I enjoyed listening to it on audio but the problem for me was, the voice portraying Elder was different then the last novel. After I got over this fact, I really enjoyed the novel. I especially liked how with certain chapters the suspense would build and build and then, boom! There would be a change of events that kept me wanting more. The characters seemed to be more developed in this novel which made them seem so much older than they really were. This novel definitely had more action, in my opinion, than the first book. By far this book was my favorite out of all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment