Teens

Teens

Monday, August 10, 2015

Guest Book Review: Across the Universe

Thank you to some of my very amazing teens! They have gotten bit by the review bug.  Here's the first review from Mary!

Across the Universe
Beth Revis
Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) 

     Even though her parents left her with the option of not being frozen, Amy decided she did not want to leave her parents to travel to a new planet by themselves. Amy and her parents were to be frozen and sent to a new planet, Centauri-Earth, in three hundred years on a spaceship named Godspeed. However, hundreds of years later, before Godspeed has landed, Amy is unfrozen by a curious resident of the ship. Amy must spend her time in the hospital of Godspeed because the current leader, Eldest, believes Amy will cause an uproar due to her different completions. However, when more of the frozen humans are awakened, Amy and her new friend Elder must figure out who is trying to murder the frozen Earth humans and fast before the mystery man tries to murder her, again.
         
    Even though I listened to this novel on audio and did not actually read it, I still found it amazing. The narrator’s voices helped bring this novel character. When the point-of-views changed from Elder to Amy, the voice of the narrator would change from male and female (which helped make the book more personal in my opinion). I enjoyed how after each chapter I wanted more and when I got to the end of the novel I was dying to listen to the second one.  At first, I was a little confused about what was going on and some of the terms in the novel but once the characters started to explain what certain things were, everything started to fall into place.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment