Teens

Teens

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Coming Next Week!

I try very hard to come up with creative displays in the Young Adult section, and I thank the Lord for Pinterest! This past month, we have had the Punch Box Fortunes...there MAY still be a few more left to punch out!  I'm very pleasantly surprised that I haven't had people coming through and destroying it--everyone takes one turn..the only problem is that a lot of the books are already check out :-/

Punch Box Book Fortunes - a cupcake carrier box with book fortunes like "You will read a book whose title starts with L" or You will choose a sports book" on the bottom, then tissue paper squares glued on the back of the cupcake cutouts. They punch out a circle to reveal their book fortune.

Once the fortunes are all gone, I will be having a Shredded Book Page contest! There will be THREE jars full of cut up page pieces from three different books.  Do NOT open the jar! You can turn it, tilt, stare at it, and when you have a guess, put your name/age and the book title on a piece of paper and place it in the jar next to the book.  I have a small-ish prize for the first name I pull out with the correct answer for EACH book!

"Book(s) in a Jar" Contest to guess the title(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment