Teens

Teens

Saturday, October 17, 2015

I HEART NHS Book Club!

I thought I would take a moment just say how awesome my book club at the high school is.  I started this last year, because I wanted a more intimate setting with fewer teens. I also didn't want a book club that spanned from 6th grade to 12th.  Obviously 11 year olds think differently than 18 year olds, and I wanted a book club that challenged the minds of the high schoolers.  I was a little unsure, because I know getting teens in high school to commit, every month, to a library program is near impossible.

However, I have an amazing group of teens, and I enjoy the time we get to spend chatting about a tough book, catching up on what's going on in their lives, and of course, enjoying tasty snacks!

Here is the group! Anyone interested in joining, grades 9 through 12, please get in touch with me!



Next month's book is 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher....This is going to be a deep and intense discussion!

No comments:

Post a Comment