Teens

Teens

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Book Review: I Am the Cheese

I Am the Cheese is a classic YA book from years ago, but it is just as incredible in 2015 as it was in the 1970s.

I Am the Cheese
by Robert Cormier

I Am the Cheese 

Adam Farmer is on a journey.  He is determined to bike for days to get to Rutterburg to see his father and give him a package.  On the way, he meets some interesting people--some that want to help him, and some that just want what they can take.

At the same time, Adam is trying to remember his family, his past, and who he really is.  Who is Adam Farmer? And is that even his real name?

Conspiracy and intrigue permeate this incredible novel!

I read this book when I was in high school, then I read it again while in college.  Of course, my Masters program for Library Science had me read this again, and now the high school book club wanted to read it for their meeting in October--obviously this book has something amazing going on if it's this popular!

This book deals with mental hospitals, families, secrets, paranoia, and truth.  The reader will not know who Adam truly is until the end, what he is doing, and what his taped meetings are really about.  This story is a powerful description of corruption in our country, and the means that will bring the end of Adam's family.

This remarkable book is a must-read.  And if you want to join the book club, you still have 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment