Teens

Teens

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Banned Books Week: The End.

Thank you loyal readers who have stuck with me this whole week as I vented about censorship, and banned books.  I WANT you to get caught reading Banned Books, BUT I want you to know what you, at your age, can be responsible for reading.  Read at your level, both with fluency and content.  Please don't get a book written for adults with suggestive themes if you're 10 or 11.  Know that you have the freedom to read what you want, but be responsible about it.  That way, as you get older, you can explain those tools to your kids.

Here are some books that have been banned that I would suggest reading--however, PLEASE make sure, at your age and maturity, that these books are a good fit.

And again, thank you for being a part of Banned Books Week 2015

"Banned Book Covers...changed to show some of the complaints that accompanied their banning" /theguardian.com:

No comments:

Post a Comment