Teens

Teens

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Book Review: Revolution

My reading has slowed down a bit...I was celebrating my nephew's 3rd birthday and working lots...So, this review is LONG overdue, but I hope to get back on the bandwagon!

Revolution (Replica Book #3)
Jenna Black

Revolution (Replica, #3)

The third and last book of the series, Revolution continues the story/conspiracy of Nate and Nadia, Executive teens who used to live in the grandeur of Paxco.  Now they are in hiding.  The all-knowing computer, Thea, has killed Nate's father and framed Nate for it, and has now built a human body to host her mind.  While Nate, Nadia, Kurt, Agnes, and Dante work from the "Basement" to fight against Thea, Thea spreads lies about the Basement and the Executive teens. 

When Thea starts dropping bombs in the Basement, the group of teens must find a way to stop Thea before she completely destroys the city, and eventually, the human race.

Jenna Black's story of Replicas is a new take on dystopias, and I am absolutely in love with this series.  I do think this last book lost some of the "Oomph" the other two books had, but still captivated me with the twists and turns in the plot. I was gripping the book just waiting to figure out how the teens would be able to take down such a sentient and cruel being.

The relationships in this book are a little ridiculous for me; it seems like EVERYone must have a partner, and cannot stand alone, independently.  I get that it helps pull the teens together, but there is a lot of the story lost when half the book focuses on romance.

Regardless, if you have begun this series, you MUST finish and figure out what happens with Paxco!

No comments:

Post a Comment