Teens

Teens

Friday, March 27, 2015

Book Review: Rebel Spring

Did any of you read my book review of Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes? It was a good one! Did you actually check out the book beCAUSE of the review? Probably not, but that's okay.  I read the second book of the series, and like the first one, it BLEW MY MIND! I literally read this book in one sitting. I'm not kidding.  I read it all in one day, on my couch, with my kitty curled up by my feet.

Rebel Spring
Morgan Rhodes

Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2)

The second book of this series picks up right where Falling Kingdoms left off.  King Gaius is now ruler of all 3 lands, now called Mytica.  We still follow Lucia, a strong sorceress that is now in a coma. Magnus, Lucia's brother and the son of King Gaius who wins his power through blood.  Cleo, the daughter of the fallen King who is now engaged to Magnus.  And Jonas, a rebel leader from Paelsia who must fight to take down King Gaius. 

King Gaius is now meeting, in his dreams, with Melenia, an Olding.  She is a sorceress that has convinced Gaius to build a road across the land, using slaves and the blood of his people.  When it is complete, Gaius believes he will be emperor of all the land, but Melenia may have something different in store.

Betrayals, love, danger, and death run amuck, and it is up to the four teenagers to find out the truth of magic and the Oldlings and Watchers before the world burns.

I love high fantasy, and this is perfect high fantasy for teens...well, and for adults, too.  In the fantasy I've read thus far, I can't remember any plots that similar to the one of this series, which is incredibly important to me.  Yes, there is a formula for fantasy, and Rhodes uses that, but she weaves a tale so strong and deep that you cannot stop reading it.  You HAVE to find out what is going on, who is lying, who is in trouble, who is working for who.  It's like Game of Thrones for teens, and I cannot WAIT for the next book!

Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3) 
This one is at our library too...I have it on hold.

The FOURTH book is:

Frozen Tides (Falling Kingdoms, #4)
Expected out this December!

No comments:

Post a Comment