Teens

Teens

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Young Hoosier Book Club: Sasquatch in the Paint

This week, I traveled to the middle school to meet with 6th, 7th, and 8th grade to celebrate the Young Hoosier book nominee, Sasquatch in the Paint, by Kareem-Abdul Jabbar (the famous Basketball player!).  For the most part, this month was a success! We hit a few snags, especially for 6th graders, but I think they took it in stride, and I very much enjoyed this month!

After eating baked beans and corn muffins (a Monday night staple for the 2 males in the story), we answered trivia, and I hopefully made an exciting enough summary that more of the teens will go check it out!

We ended our time together with a game of Knockout in the gym.  The first shot HAD to be a "Skyhook," the famous shot that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar perfected, especially at long distances...take a look!

I told all grades that if EVERYONE participated, I would start the game...and I'm TERRIBLE. I got out immediately, every grade.



 My loyal 8th graders!



Here comes 6th grade!





And...my 7th graders--who I just adore!






These teens DEFINITELY make my job worthwhile! Can't wait for next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment