Teens

Teens

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

National Poetry Month!

I love April! Mostly because it means the snow is gone AND it's my birthday APRIL 20! (eh hem, just FYI)  But! It's National Poetry Month! I know, I know. Everyone hates poetry.  It's lame. It's girly.  Whatever...it is only that if you let it be.  It can also be a way to say what you want to say with incomplete sentences, emotions through words, playing with words and phrases.

I put up a TON of poetry stuff that you teens can play with at the library! I also put out our poetry books, and any fiction books written in verse.  Here are some of the things I have set up for you!

I will have white paper on the round table that you can jot thoughts and poems down--Poems can be as few words as you want! Check out my poem:

Armor,
Knights rush off to destruction.

BAM! I wrote a poem! That's all it has to be! Have fun with it!

middle school poetry bulletin board - Google Search
Black out poetry is by the window.  Take a RIPPED OUT page from a book! :-O and black out all the words you DON'T want, and leave some great words to form a poem.  Then tape it to the window for everyone to see! (You can remain anonymous)

Poetry idea for bulletin board  Push-Pin Poetry! check the bulletin Board to move words                                                                                    around and create your own poem!

No comments:

Post a Comment