Teens

Teens

Monday, April 27, 2015

Book Review: Heaven's Shadow

Every once in awhile, it's good for me to read an actual adult book instead of YA.  I tend to go for SciFi/Fantasy stuff. When I was tidying up that section in the library, I came across this book...

Heaven's Shadow
David S. Goyer & Michael Cassutt
Heaven's Shadow (Heaven's Shadow, #1)

Goodreads Summary:

Three years ago, an object one hundred miles across was spotted on a trajectory for Earth's sun. Now, its journey is almost over. As it approaches, two competing manned vehicles race through almost half a million kilometers of space to reach it first. But when they both arrive on the entity, they learn that it has been sent toward Earth for a reason. An intelligent race is desperately attempting to communicate with our primitive species. And the message is: Help us. 

I decided it was time to read a book for adults, and I generally choose Science Fiction when I do this.  Heaven's Shadow is quite a strange book, but eerily addicting!  The authors took a general space mission mixed with aliens and added a meteor that turns out not to be quite what they thought.  When some of the astronauts are exposed to the cold, zero gravity of space, I feel it in my bones.  

This book takes you all over the place, both physically, and emotionally.  When the main character meets his dead wife on the asteroid, you begin to wonder what the heck more could possibly happen! This book will keep you on your toes, and it's a nice break from the Young Adult section!

No comments:

Post a Comment