Teens

Teens

Monday, January 19, 2015

Amazing Book Review

It's rare that a YA book just completely blows me away.  Usually I am satisfied with literature, but I don't have my mind blown or my life changed.  However, every few months or so I do find a book that rocks the very core of my librarian being.  This is one of them...

Falling Kingdoms 
Morgan Rhodes

Falling Kingdoms is a High Fantasy novel with magic, sorcerers, castles, murders, betrayals, love, sword fights, battles, etc.  The story focuses on 4 teenagers that have never met, but their paths are destined to cross to restore magic to the land.  Lucia, Cleo, Magnus, and Jonas are four teens that lived relatively normal lives, but when an accidental murder occurs, one of the three rulers of the lands uses the event to begin a massive war against the largest, most prosperous land.  When Lucia finds out her past, and that she has magic that could turn the tide in the war, she must decide which side she should aid.

I'm fairly certain Rhodes is a high fantasy genius.  This is not your average castle and sword fight novel.  There are layers upon layers throughout the whole story.  She takes her time to describe and introduce the four main characters and their backgrounds. This is a bad thing for impatient readers, but let me tell ya, you WON'T be disappointed when everything comes full circle.  You will understand why Rhodes takes the amount of time she does to introduce her characters and set up meetings among the four strangers.

This is an AR book, and the first of the series.  We have this one and the second book...
  
and I just found the 3rd book from the publishing company, which is now on my shopping cart for the library!


No comments:

Post a Comment