Teens

Teens

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Book Review: My First Manga

Alright, I decided to read Manga for the first time.  I chose this one because I played the video game on my Super Nintendo growing up...

Goodreads summary: 
In a small village in Hyrule, there lives a boy called Link who has the mark of the Triforce on his left hand. It is a mark of destiny that once again leads Link on a fantastic adventure! Transported to the land of Holodrum, Link meets Din, the Oracle of Seasons. But a plot to steal the seasons from Holodrum unfolds and Link must battle the evil General Onox to save Holodrum and his friends from a terrible fate!

This review may not be entirely objective...

I liked the idea of this story, the graphics, and the connection to a beloved video game character.  But the infatuation stops there.  I'm sorry guys, but Manga isn't my style.  I know the order to read the pictures, but they don't always follow that order.  There is so much going on in the pictures of the fighting scenes, it gives me a headache, and I don't know what is going on.

Not to mention, the storyline is spotty at best.  The IDEA of the story is great, it's the writing that doesn't explain what is happening.  Link gets transported all over, but we don't really know how or why, then he is back where he started, and a lot of this seems to happen simply to make the characters where they need to be when they need to be--not because the story flows together.

I apologize to Manga fans.  I do like the behind-the-scene story of Link, but I don't know that I will ever be a reader of Manga.

No comments:

Post a Comment