Teens

Teens

Monday, February 9, 2015

ALA Midwinter

So, I had the most amazing trip this past weekend. I got to go to the 2nd biggest library conference in Chicago.  We DID get a lot of snow on Sunday, but it was more than worth it! check out the pics!


This is Tom Angleberger, the author of the Origami Yoda series.  I was able to call my 9 year old nephew who LOVES this series and he got to talk to his favorite author! I also bought Emperor Pickletine and had it signed.

 Jason Segel, TV and movie star (How I Met Your Mother) wrote a book, Nightmares (which we now have at the library) and came to talk about the book, acting, and the importance of libraries! Check out his interview here:

 This is my first day catch--SO many free books, posters, and bookmarks!

 I ate some delicious foods at the Grand Luxe Cafe


 Some views from my hotel room!


 Librarians unite! The Exhibit Hall!

 My room view at night

This was the major highlight of my trip! LEVAR BURTON! The star of Reading Rainbow! He wrote a new book, Rhino Swallows a Storm and it is AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment