Teens

Teens

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Meet TAB!

Some of you may not be aware of our TAB group. TAB stands for "Teen Advisory Board."  I meet with teens to discuss what can be done to make the teen section, books, and programming better.  Yesterday, when we met, the teens got to read book reviews to decide what books I need to buy.  They picked a couple of programs we could do (like taking apart computers and using the pieces and guts to make something else!).  They told me to make the YA section look cooler :D  We watched the trailer for Mockingjay.  Basically, it's teens ruling over the Teen Librarian.  If you are interested, you can call me at the library, you can catch me at one of the schools, you can email me (kkauffman@mdy.lib.in.us), you can leave a comment on the blog, or you can message me on FB. I would LOVE to have more teens have a voice in everything teen related at the library!

I want you guys to personally meet our TAB members via our blog.   So, for the next couple of days, I am attaching a picture and something that teen wrote about themselves so you can see who controls my job!

Our first TAB member is KAELEY GESCHKE!!!



Hi my name is Kaeley Geschke and I am 18 years old and a senior in high school. I have been spending my free time at the Public Library for several years. I love TAB because it is a great way to be involved in my community and I like being in the Book Buddies program because the kids are really awesome. When I have time to read I enjoy a wide variety of books from The Action Fantasy of Tamora Pierce's Song of the Lioness books to the classic nature of The Prince and the Pauper.

No comments:

Post a Comment