Teens

Teens

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Gradu-ma-tation!

Congrats to all the seniors from NHS Class of 2015! This post is about a week overdue, but I decided today was a good day, because I would like to feature a particular teen who also happens to be having her graduation open house today.

Meet Kaeley!

Kaeley graduated last week and will be heading to college in the fall.  This is particularly sad/exciting for me as Kaeley has been volunteering at the library longer than I have been the Teen Librarian.

She is always available to help with kids' programs, setting up for teen programs, shelving books, and pretty much anything else I ask her to do. In the past 2 years that I have been Teen Librarian, Kaeley has put in more than 400 hours of work, 100 hours of volunteer shelving, and more than 300 hours volunteering to help with programs.

I'm very excited for Kaeley to head off to college and accomplish pretty much anything.  If her determination and work ethic is anything like at the library, she will be successful in anything she does. I just hope she comes back to visit!

Here are some pictures from the last couple of years that I have gotten to work with Kaeley:

























No comments:

Post a Comment